We have a Toolmaker position with our client in the West of Ireland. The candidate will manufacture and inspect high precision Mold Tooling to be used in injection molding machines as part of the IOL manufacturing process. A toolmaking apprenticeship is essential for this position.
To see this job on our website click here: https://bit.ly/3vwHXo7
Keltia has been providing technical support services for 20 years in the US, Canada and Ireland providing CAD training, engineering design, and a broad range of technical recruiting services to customers in the Aerospace, Automotive, Pharma, Food & Beverage and Medical Device industries on a permanent and contractual basis.
Job Types: Permanent - Full Time
1. Set up and operate all machine shop equipment, manufacture machine tool components.
2. Manufacture and inspection of optical mold tooling using high precision CNC machines and metrology equipment.
3. Manufacture machine components and fixtures to specified high precision tolerances.
4. Work closely with QA and Manufacturing personnel.
5. Assist in design and fabrication of tooling and components, in parallel with defining and documenting key dimensions.
6. Assemble complex machine tools and components without supervision.
7. Debug and run-in new machine tools in support of Production.
8. Final fit as well as retrofit close tolerance machine tool components as required.
9. Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established and evolving Alcon and Novartis QS requirements.
Specific Position Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Highly skilled positon where a high degree of independent judgement and ability to develop creative solutions is required. Performs complex, high precision developmental and prototype machine work. Understands the principles and practice of high tolerance machining and metrology. Experienced in the processing and machining of a diverse range of materials. Ability to read complex technical drawings and to generate and read standard NC code. Ability to carry out basic functions in CAD/ CAM packages. Ability to interact with internal customers as well as external suppliers and toolmakers
Minimum: Certificate or Diploma or recognized apprenticeship in Toolmaking or related qualification e.g. Machinist, Tool and Die fabrication, Injection Mold Tool manufacture.
Preferred: Degree in a related technical discipline
Minimum: 4 years industrial experience operating in a machine shop, tool manufacturing environment
Preferred: 5+ years industrial experience with self-supervision/direction/team supervision. Injection Molding experience. Experience in designing molds for making plastic parts.
Please send a CV in Word doc format with availability & pay requirements to Fahmeda at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you immediately