- The successful candidate will hold a very important and vital role to our operation, ensuring that all our heavy industry products, are delivered to our customers, in the correct manner, with correct documentation and transport specifications.
- Work under tight deadlines, with problem solving skills if issues or problems occur.
- Booking boats for heavy haulage and rectification teams. Conducted in a timely fashion to ensure we are getting value for money, we are choosing the right sailings and our product always reaches our client on time.
- Responsible for management of drivers download of Digi cards and infringements.
- Monitor drivers walkaround checks and that they are completed using software provided. Weekly review of subcontractor’s trailer number onsite in SMPL is also required.
- Assist with the Escort and internal movement team when required for large scale projects or if the team require additional resources to move our product safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct lifters are on the correct trailers leaving the factory and onsite. Manage the logistics of our deliveries to site with the correct trailers having the correct lifters, in the correct order to site. Responsible for the maintenance of Jarvis with lifters going to site and getting them returned. Must be able to communicate and work with various functions to ensure this managed effectively (Transport, Stores, Health & Safety). Escalate weekly issues in getting Lifters returned to Transport Manager to directly liaise with our Client.
- Work as part of the transport team in managing the dispatch area in a prompt manner.
- Work with and liaise with maintenance team in scheduling CVRT for trailers, trucks and vans and the scheduling of services and 12 week checks for same, whilst updating Jarvis with service details and invoice.
- Liaising with the transport and maintenance team in the garage and offsite for items like tachographs, CVRT, maintenance issues from Transaura from walkarounds and dealing with infringements.
- Management of maintenance and vehicle paperwork is extremely important. Updating Jarvis ERP system is critical in areas like defects, maintenance issues, emails uploaded as they come in from fleetmaintenance.ie and assigned accordingly with necessary photographs and backup. Keep in communication with Garage Manager.
- Assisting with the transport manager in sharing the workload of out of hours calls.
- Assist the team when organising and transporting large scale projects in the areas of planning routes, load scheduling, allocating and recording resources and movements, booking ferry routes, managing time and budget on the above etc.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- All documentation complies with in-house standards, best practice and legislative requirements.
- Record keeping, schedules, fleet and maintenance systems and invoicing plays a very important part of this role and as such, attention to detail and excellent organisation skills is a must for this role.
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual who has the strong ability to effectively manage the transport function as part of an overall team.
Skills & Experience
· Excellent transport/logistics/haulage knowledge, communication and administration skills.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a transport/logistics environment
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Up to date driving licence with no endorsements.
· Must have excellent communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Strong computer skills and a knowledge of Sage 200 an advantage
- Must have exceptional organisational skills