Smartedge's client is looking for “Unix System Admin_Contract @ Warsaw, Poland”
Role : Unix System Admin
Duration : 6 months
Location : Warsaw, Poland
· Designing and building new UNIX based (AIX, Linux) environments tailored for business/application requirements including high availability solutions (clusters, SAN replication etc.) as a part of the datacenter migration (over 40 application environments (250 servers) built and delivered to the customers)
· Contingency strategies planning for the designed environments and conducting the contingency tests as a part of the BAU server handovers .
· Preparation, running and delivery of several migration/build projects (not covered by the Project Office) including project management activities (3 migration projects started from scratch, managed and delivered).
· Building and leading a Unix (HP-UX and Red Hat) SA team supporting the daily and 24/7 on-call ‘business as usual’ activities for EMEA regional financial application Unix environments (60+ servers) along with implementation of new UNIX based environments across 3 European Data Centers including high-end HP SuperDomes and RP servers, Proliant based RedHat servers and IBM based zLinux
· Migration of the entire main consumer applications environment including front-end and Data Warehouse from sunset TRU64 platform onto the clustered HP hardware based environment
Cooperation with Project Office, Application and DBA teams in order to deliver the newly designed environments according to the project timelines and customer expectations.
· Preparation of necessary technical documentation and final signoff prerequisites as a part of the servers handover for production and go-live process
· Experienced with industry standard 3 tier web applications
· Experience with UNIX (including AIX, Linux, Solaris) and Windows Servers
Strong in Networking Topologies.
· Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and MS Outlook
· Experience with Azure, IaaS-PaaS
If you are interested, please contact me on (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR +44(0)2035002385.Regards, Chandana