VMWare Architect @ Newbury ,UK
Smartedge's client is looking for Senior VMWare Architect for contract based on Newbury ,UK
Responsibilities as following:
- Prepare high level and low level design for end to end solution for 2G/3G/4G/NB-IoT networks using HPE/DELL hardwares, VMware cloud NFV 2.0/3.0 suite products to deply the VNFs.
- Review low level design and test verification artifacts
- Interaction with stake holders, vendors to build the installation, configuration, integration and deployment of data centers nodes.
- Must have design experience in telco data centers underlay and Overlay networking.
- Must have lab/production NFVI design and build experience using VMware vcloud director, vSphere, vCenter, VRO and vRealize including other vmware products for monitoring, disaster and recovery.
- Involve in cross-functional communication, co-ordination, and negotiations.
What does the role involve:
Architecting, designing and integration for following:
- Design of lab and production virtual infrastructure to deploy 3G, 4G/LTE EPC,IMS core nodes such as HLR, HSS, PWG, CSGN, SCEF, PCRF, STP, IP Sec GW, SMSC, OCS,IMS,MGW,MSS etc.
- Designing underlay and overlay networking for the Interaction among these nodes to launch any new service using VNFs.
- DC model design, sizing, dimensioning, scaling and control of infrastructure using VMware NFV 2.0/3.0 products suites.
- Designing and Integrating Physical network nodes including OSS.
- Support Vendor Management on all aspects of design, development, testing, functionality, performance, capacity, product evolution, feature delivery and fault resolution.
- Play a key role in engaging on all projects based on their High Level Architectural (HLA) significance to provide the right architecture and governance oversight within the overall deployment programmes.
What is the reality of the role/The type of person are we looking for:
- Highly proficient written (i.e. High Level and Low Level design documents, reporting, etc.) and spoken communication skills.
- Good knowledge of network topology and various interfaces of physical and virtual networks.
- In-depth technical knowledge of VMWare products including DC switches and routers network design.
- In-Depth technical knowledge of HPE/DELL based compute, storage and switches installation, integration and administration using VMware vCloud Stack NFV 2.0/3.0.
- Self-starter initiative and enthusiasm with positive `can do` attitude.
Experience in a Mobile Communications and E2E Systems configuration Engineering/Service Design or Design Authority professional.
VNF onboarding,VNF deployment and Testing.
Openstack and Virtualization technology.
Start Date: ASAP (notice period accepted for right candidate)
We have been asked to schedule the discussions this week, please share your updated CV(firstname.lastname@example.org) and call(+44(0)2035002116) for confidential chat.