WW Payroll Manager
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Founded in 1992, SUSE is the world’s first provider of an Enterprise Linux distribution. Today, thousands of businesses worldwide rely on SUSE for their mission critical computing and IT management needs. SUSE provides and supports enterprise-grade Linux and open source solutions with exceptional service, value and flexibility. Having joined the Micro Focus International Group in 2014, the company continues to go from strength to strength in the open source space.
Organizations today face increasing pressure to become more agile and economically efficient in order to grow, compete and survive. They must leverage digital assets, information and an explosion of new infrastructure software innovation to fuel and enable their digital transformation.
These emerging infrastructure technologies, which are built on open source and Linux, create new levels of freedom and flexibility. As organizations embrace this freedom and flexibility, they demand open source solutions that are reliable, secure and enterprise ready. That’s what we successfully do since more than 25 years.
SUSE builds from its Linux heritage and works with an ecosystem of partners and communities to adapt and secure open source solutions backed by superior service and support. We enable customers to manage complexity, reduce cost and deliver business-critical services powering innovation and digital transformation.
Our truly open, open source solutions, flexible business practices, lack of enforced vendor lock-in and exceptional service are more critical to customer organizations than ever before.
Our consistent ability to meet these market demands creates a cycle of success, momentum and growth that allows SUSE to continue to deliver the open source innovation customers need to achieve their digital transformation goals.
SUSE is has built up a stand-alone dedicated finance function to operate independently to service the SUSE business, that has a presence in several countries worldwide.
The Shared Service Centers in Dublin and Provo primarily supports the Group’s WW businesses directly contributing to the success of the company’s 1,500+ employees WW.
Reporting to the WW Finance Controller, this role will have overall responsibility to manage and oversee the team that will have ownership and responsibility for managing the WW Payroll function.
This role is to provide leadership to the SUSE finance WW Payroll team, delivering best in class service to key stakeholders across all relevant processes including managing a high performing team
of payroll specialists. Team will be based in Dublin and Provo. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, who is interested in advancing their career in Payroll Management in the fast moving software industry.
A key attribute needed from this role, is working in close partnership with the wider SUSE team, ensuring there is a common respect and understanding between this team and other disciplines, to ensure the team operate in partnership, understanding and appreciating the responsibilities of each discipline.
The WW payroll team administers all payroll activities in over a dozen countries primarily through the coordination of various activities with accredited third party suppliers. This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual.
The role will also be expected to own reviewing the current payroll processes end to end and look for opportunities to optimize the process flows (including introduction of automation where appropriate), in the interest of introducing efficiency in the process over time.
Job description (duties and responsibilities): Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of payroll specialists
- Supervise all monthly payroll operations WW ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the payment and filing of all payroll related taxes in each jurisdiction.
- Manage the relationship with the selected payroll providers and ensure they deliver to the service levels agreed.
- Provision of timely and relevant management reports on WW payroll activities.
- Support the ongoing selection and evaluation of 3rd Party benefit suppliers that impact payroll e.g. pension providers, health insurers etc.
- Control and administer Flexible Benefits Schemes where applicable.
- Conduct research and advise appropriate parties of all local laws from a payroll perspective.
- Understanding of tax requirements around international transfer/ secondment of employees.
- Ensure compliance with current government regulations worldwide.
- Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are performed and supporting documentation of the process and controls are in place.
- Ensure timely response to queries that come into the Payroll inbox
- Engage on a regular basis with the SUSE management team and ensure issues/queries from employees are dealt on a timely basis, and relevant parties are kept up to date on progress to resolution, again on a timely basis.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate risk against incorrect payments.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
This is a role for a highly organized and experienced manager with experience in managing multi-national payrolls for companies with a WW presence. The candidate will need a competent strong payroll background, to include management within a Shared Services Centre. The
candidate should be able to get up to speed quickly on a variety of issues while managing remote relationships. Obviously, integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality are key requirements of any candidate.
Some of the skills are required:
- Strong payroll skills and good accounting knowledge.
- Previous managerial experience in a busy multi-national finance department.
- Fluent English speaker is essential with strong verbal, oral and inter-personal skills. •Good analytical skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- A customer orientation demonstrating an ability and willingness to satisfy their demands and requirements.
- Strong communication skills
Other skills or experiences that would be beneficial, but not required are:
- A background in SAP or a similar system would be beneficial.
- Another major European language besides English would be a distinct advantage.
Candidate should be either qualified or be making progress through a payroll or accounting qualification.
A willingness to show flexibility on working hours is a must combined with the ability to travel occasionally as required.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status